AAP eBooks Notices
New! Neonatal Resuscitation Collection
Reader Apps Available!
AAP Point-of-Care Solutions
- Neonatology for Primary CareEdited by Deborah E. Campbell, MD, FAAPBook | Published in 2014
New! Designed as an action-oriented working tool, this new comprehensive reference provides the essential core of practical knowledge that pediatricians, family practitioners, residents, and other pediatric health care professionals need to deliver optimal care to all neonates.
The content covers the continuum of care from pregnancy through delivery to hospitalization and discharge for the healthy term and late preterm infant, as well as the infant who requires specialized neonatal intensive care.Deborah E. Campbell
- New Mother’s Guide to BreastfeedingBy American Academy of Pediatrics and Winnie YuEdited by Joan Younger Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, IBCLCBook | Published in 2011
New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding, 2nd Edition
American Academy of Pediatrics; Joan Younger Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, IBCLC, Editor in Chief
New 2nd Edition! With everything new mothers need to know about breastfeeding, this fully revised and updated edition covers more than a decade's worth of the latest research! Offering the most up-to-date information and statistics about the benefits of nursing, sage advice on how to establish a breastfeeding routine, and troubleshooting tips, the second edition of New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding will provide new and expectant moms with everything they need to know about breastfeeding.
It takes time (and practice!) for mom and baby to adjust to the new routine. Helping to smooth the process, this book provides easy-to-understand guidance and the latest medical findings to ensure that the breastfeeding experience is a healthy and positive one. Complete with more than 50 illustrations and drawings, numerous Q&A sidebars addressing common questions and concerns, and a handy list of other breastfeeding resources, New Mother's Guide to Breastfeeding is an indispensable tool. This updated version covers more than a decade's worth of the latest research, including:
* New research on ways breastfeeding can stave off childhood allergies and obesity
* Expanded coverage of proper nutrition for nursing mothers, including vitamin, mineral, and supplementation recommendations
* Information for mothers preparing for the first feeding and adjusting to home, family, and work as a nursing mother
* Proven ways to establish a nursing routine and what to do when mom returns to work
* Information on handling special situations like premature birth and C-sections
* Mom-tested solutions to common breastfeeding challenges
Under the direction of one of the country's preeminent lactation experts, editor-in-chief Joan Younger Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, IBCLC, this outstanding guide was developed with the assistance of numerous contributors from the AAP and is the essential resource for getting new moms and their babies off to the healthiest start possible.
ABOUT THE EDITOR
Joan Younger Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, IBCLC,. is a Board Certified Pediatrician, Registered Dietician, and Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant. A previous Board Member and Past President of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine and Chair of the U.S. Breastfeeding Committee (2008-2010), she is the mother of three breastfed children and grandmother of two breastfed children.Joan Younger MeekWinnie Yu
- New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding-Spanish - Nueva Guia De Lactancia MaternaBy American Academy of PediatricsEdited by Joan Younger Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, IBCLCBook | Published in 2003
This Spanish edition of New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding has the same state-of-the-art information and advice found in the English edition. This comprehensive resource for Spanish speakers covers: Preparing for breastfeeding before your baby is born, Benefits to breastfeeding: including the most recent neurological, psychological, and immunological research, Father’s role and creating a postpartum support network, Establishing a nursing routine and returning to work, Solutions to common challenges, and much more.Joan Younger Meek
- Newborn Intensive Care, 3rd Edition: What Every Parent Needs to KnowEdited by Jeanette Zaichkin, RN MN NNP-BCBook | Published in 2009
An essential reference for any parent with a sick or premature infant. Significantly revised and updated, the new third edition of the best-selling Newborn Intensive Care: What Every Parent Needs to Know is an essential resource for any parent with a premature infant.Jeanette Zaichkin
- NRP Instructor ManualEdited by Jeanette Zaichkin, RN, MN, SSP-BC, Gary Weiner, MD, FAAP and Cheryl Major, RNC-NIC, BSNBook | Published in 2011
The manual includes updated information on instructor requirements, the online examination, and simulation and debriefing. The new Instructor Manual for Neonatal Resuscitation has been completely revised for NRP™ hospital-based instructors and regional trainers who wish to present high quality simulation-based NRP™ courses. The manual features information relevant to NRP Instructors of all experience levels, including chapters about organizing supplies and equipment, setting up for all NRP Provider and Instructor courses, conducting simulation and debriefing, and performing administrative tasks.Jeanette ZaichkinGary WeinerCheryl Major
- NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook - Spanish 7th EdEdited by Dr. Gary M. Weiner, FAAP and RN MN NNP-BC Jeanette ZaichkinBook | Published in 2016Dr. Gary M. WeinerRN MN NNP-BC Jeanette Zaichkin
- NRP Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook 6th Edition (English version)Edited by American Academy of Pediatrics and American Heart AssociationBook | Published in 2011
The new 6th edition textbook and accompanying DVD will reflect the 2010 American Academy of Pediatrics and American Heart Association Guidelines for Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Nutrition: What Every Parent Needs to KnowBy American Academy of PediatricsEdited by William H Dietz, MD, PhD, FAAP and Loraine Stern, MD, FAAPBook | Published in 2005
Nutrition: What Every Parent Needs to Know, 2nd Edition, gives parents all the information and strategies they need to meet the dietary needs of children from birth through adolescence, as well as the facts about standards of weight and height; eating disorders and special dietary needs, alternative diets and supplements; allergies; dealing with outside influences such as grandparents, neighbors, and television; and concerns over food safety. This new second edition provides updated growth charts and the new USDA MyPlate model for healthy eating, as well as updated information on topics such as: BPA, Breastfeeding, Constipation, Fish, mercury, Omega-3 fatty acids, Hiding foods, Obesity, Organic Foods, Physical activity, Picky eaters, Sodium, Vitamins, and much more.William H DietzLoraine Stern