- Pediatric Obesity, 2nd Edition: Prevention, Intervention and Treatment Strategies for Primary Care
Significantly revised and updated 2nd edition include worksheets, questionnaires, and other tools to help you aid parents in developing a plan to help their child safely reach and maintain a healthy weight.
- Preventing Childhood Obesity in Early Care and Education Programs, 2nd Edition
Updated set of national standards describing evidence-based best practices in nutrition, physical activity, and screen time for early care and education programs.
The new Preventing Childhood Obesity in Early Care and Education, 2nd ed. is the new set of national standards describing evidence-based best practices in nutrition, physical activity, and screen time for early care and education programs.
The standards are for all types of early care and education settings - centers and family child care homes. These updated standards will be a part of the new comprehensive Caring for Our Children: National Health and Safety Performance Standards: Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs, 3rd Edition.
* New in 2nd edition:
Updated all MyPyramid references to MyPlate
* Added Playing Outdoors standard
Areas of coverage
* General nutrition requirements
* Meal and snack patterns
* Requirements for infants including supporting breastfeeding
* Requirements for toddlers and preschoolers
* Meal service and supervision
* Food brought from home
* Nutrition education
* Active opportunities for physical activities
* Outdoor and indoor play time
* Caregivers/teachers' encouragement of physical activity
* Screen time limits
* Policies on infant feeding, food and nutrition services, and physical activity
- A Parent’s Guide to Childhood Obesity: A Road Map to Health
This award-winning guide provides solutions and resources for parents and other caregivers who are concerned about childhood obesity and overweight children.
Showing 1 - 4 of 4