- 2015 Nelson's Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy, 21st Edition
New! This bestselling and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children.
- Reference Range Values for Pediatric Care
Available mid-April 2014. Concise new handbook brings all the most vital range data - plus diverse clinical evaluation and calculation tools - all together in one
- Managing Infectious Diseases in Child Care and Schools, 3rd Edition: A Quick Reference Guide
Completely revised and updated to reflect the latest guidance and recommendations, the new third edition of this award-winning quick reference guide provides the latest information on the prevention and management of infectious diseases.
- Red Book, 29th Edition (2012): Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases
Selected as a Doody’s Core Title and given a 5 Star Review!
“This is an essential reference for practicing pediatricians and pediatric ID specialists. The AAP COID has done an exceptional job of keeping it timely and updated, evidence-based, and comprehensive, while also rendering it accessible and engaging in format and style. As a single reference, it is unmatched in the field in terms of practical applicability and usefulness.” Doody’s Book Review
The authoritative guide to the latest pediatric infectious disease information
Developed by the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases in conjunction with the CDC, the FDA, the Red Book continues the tradition of excellence with the latest findings and clinical recommendations on the manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of more than 200 childhood conditions.
Watch our Red Book video on YouTube http://youtu.be/Ih6kVivlVMo to learn about the latest updates.
- 2012-2013 Nelson's Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy
Practical, evidence-based recommendations from the experts in antimicrobial therapy
This bestselling and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children.
For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices. The inquiring physician can immediately link to the evidence for the recommendation in the ebook or mobile version. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today and include complete information about dosing regimens.
In response to growing concerns about overuse of antibiotics, the book includes guidelines on when not to prescribe antimicrobials.
Key features in 19th Edition!
* Updated information regarding the strength and the level of evidence for all treatment recommendations
* New chapter on antibiotic therapy for obese children
* New chapter on antimicrobial prophylaxis and prevention of symptomatic infection
* Includes treatment of parasitic infections and tropical medicine.
* Updated anti-infective drug listing, complete with formulations and dosages.
* Balanced information on safety, efficacy and tolerability with data on costs and availability of drugs
1. Choosing Among Antibiotics Within a Class: Beta-Lactams, Macrolides, Aminoglycosides, and Fluoroquinolones
2. Choosing Among Antifungal Agents: Polyenes, Azoles, and Echinocandins
3. How Antibiotic Dosages Are Determined Using Susceptibility Data, Pharmacodynamics, and Treatment Outcomes
4. Community-Associated Methicilin-Resistant Staphylococcus auteus
5. Antimicrobial Therapy for Newborns
6. Antimicrobial Therapy According to Clinical Syndromes
7. Preferred Therapy for Specific Bacterial and Mycobacterial Pathogens
8. Preferred Therapy for Specific Fungal Pathogens
9. Preferred Therapy for Specific Viral Pathogens
10. Preferred Therapy for Specific Parasitic Pathogens
11. Alphabetic Listing of Antimicrobials
12. Antibiotic Therapy for Obese Children NEW!
13. Antibiotic Therapy for Patients With Renal Failure
14. Antimicrobial Prophylaxis/Prevention of Symptomatic Infection NEW!
15. Sequential Parenteral-Oral Antibiotic Therapy (Oral Step-Down Therapy) for Serious Infections
16. Adverse Reactions to Antimicrobial Agents
17. Drug Interactions