- AM:STARs: Social Networking & New Technologies, Vol. 25, No. 3: Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews
Today's teens are often referred to as Digital Natives due to their upbringing immersed in technological tools including smartphones and social media, while most of us who provide healthcare for this group remain at best, digital immigrants. These technologies present both new opportunities and challenges to teens' health, as well as their education and life experiences.
Pediatricians can play a key role in helping teens and their families navigate critical issues such as balancing online and offline lives, as well as understand links between media and health. This issue, Social Networking & New Technologies is meant to provide pediatricians with knowledge and updates so they feel prepared to have these conversations with patients and families in the busy clinical office setting.
For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today, and include complete information about dosing regimens.
- AM:STARs: Hot Topics in Adolescent Health, Vol. 25, No. 2: Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews
This issue of AM:STARs, Hot Topics in Adolescent Health, presents a wide array of articles exploring some of the most exciting advances and controversies in adolescent health. These topics and other evolving areas are presented to guide the reader toward providing state of the art clinical care to adolescents, as well as reviewing new research that will shape the future of adolescent health.
- AM:STARs: Substance Use and Abuse Among Adolescents, Vol. 25, No. 1: Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews
Developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the new second edition efficiently delivers targeted, trustworthy guidance for diagnosing and managing pediatric musculoskeletal problems.
- Reaching Teens Strength-Based Communication Strategies To Build Resilience and Support Healthy Adolescent Development
This all-new multimedia resource combines text and video to show how recognizing, reinforcing, and building on inherent strengths can engage today’s teens.
- Guiding Adolescents to Use Healthy Strategies to Manage Stress
Developed for all youth-serving professionals, this book with video component reviews the basic principles of strength-based communication, discusses the sources of worry for teens, offers practical approaches for helping youth understand they can control their reactions and behaviors, and offers strategies to help professionals deescalate tension when stressors lead to crises.
- AM:STARs Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews Current Psychopharmacology for Psychiatric Disorders in Adolescents Volume 24 Number 2
Current Psychopharmacology for Psychiatric Disorders in Adolescents.