- AM:STARs: Advances In Health Promotion for Adolescents and Young Adults, Volume 22, Number 3: Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art ReviewsBy American Academy of PediatricsEdited by Alwyn Cohall, MD and Michael Resnick, PhDBook | Published in 2005
Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews: Is the official journal of the AAP Section on Adolescent Health Care. This volume highlights achievements in adolescent health research and practice that are advancing the state of the art.
These researchers are taking advantage of a vulnerable period in the lifespan and wisely using it as a time to promote public health. The literature collected here shares the insight of a broad range of professionals throughout the country ready to advise policy-makers and practitioners on how to build a healthy society.
Topics in Advances in Health Promotion for Adolescents and Young Adults include:
* Critical Junctures: Assuring Healthy Outcomes for Adolescents in the new Millennium
* The Economic Impact of Adolescent Health Promotion Policies and Programs
* Social Marketing: An Underutilized Tool for Promoting Adolescent Health
* Enhancing Adolescent Resilience: The Role of Families, Communities, and Social Capital
* Programs: A Context for Reaching Out of School Youth with Mental Health and Other Health Programs
* Resilience in Action: An Evidence-Informed, Theoretically-Driven Approach to Building Strengths in an Office-Based Setting
* Delivering Adolescent Preventive Services in an Office Setting
* Innovative Approaches to Using New Media and Technology in Health Promotion for Adolescents and Young Adults
* We Have the Evidence to Enhance Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health - Do We Have the Will?
* Adolescent and Young Adult Males: An Empowerment Approach
* Youth Empowerment Solutions for Violence Prevention
* The importance of families to adolescents' physical activity and dietary intake
* Adolescent Smoking Cessation: Promising Strategies and Evidence-based Recommendations
* Clinical Approaches to Improving Alcohol Education and Counseling in Adolescents and Young Adults
* Emerging trends and innovations in the identification and management of drug use among adolescents and young adults
AAP eBooks Notices
New! Neonatal Resuscitation Collection
Reader Apps Available!